On behalf of the board of Jersey Australia, I would like to advise the membership that 2021 Jersey Australia AGM will be held on Thursday May 26th, 2022, at the Gateway Motel in Devonport
As per Section 10 of the Jersey Australia constitution, 4 members of the board of management will retire by rotation at the 2022 Annual General Meeting (AGM). The 4 directors who term expires at this year’s AGM are:
- Lisa Broad
- Robert Anderson
- Jane Sykes
- Alan Carson
Mr Carson has advised that he will not be seeking re-nomination. Ms. Broad, Ms Sykes and Mr Anderson have indicated that they intend to seek re-nomination to the Board
The position held by Mr Geoff Akers who was appointed to fill a vacancy for 1 year will also be open and available to be filled at the 2022 election. This vacancy is a one-year appointment and will be required to recontested in 2023 in line with the rotational policy. Mr Akers has indicated his intention to renominate for a Board position.
At the February 2022 Board Meeting, the Board appointment myself as the Returning Officer for the 2022 Board Election
It is my pleasure on behalf of the membership of Jersey Australia to call for nominations to board. I will note the
- Nominations must be completed on the attached nomination form in totality and returned to the Jersey Australia office by COB Thursday April 14th, 2022. 2022 Board Nomination Form
- Only Life. Full, or Family members can be nominated to the board.
- Only 1 person per membership can serve or be nominated to serve on the board at any 1 time.
- Only members who have paid their membership fee in full for the membership year commencing March 1st, 2022, will be accepted.
- Director terms are for a period of 2 Years commencing from the completion of the 2022 AGM.
- In line with new requirements as set by ASIC, all nominations must include your Directors ID.
- If you need to apply for a Directors Id, visit https://www.abrs.gov.au/director-identification-number/apply-director-identification-number
- Please note AgriBio where most meeting are expected to be held required all persons visiting AgriBio to be vaccinated for COVID-19
If you have any questions relating to the role of director of Jersey Australia, please contact myself on 0418 466 371 or email Glen.Barrett@jersey.com.au