Its a new year and what a way to kick it off with the next edition of the Australian Jersey Jorunal. With out newest EX-95 cow gracing the front cover, there is no doubt this edition is a must read.
In this edition,
- Throughout 2021, Jersey Australia has been undertaking the Jersey Most Profitable and Sustainable Cow Project to indentify the key advantages of the Jersey Cow in its contribution to farm profitability and it has delivered some exciting outcomes for the Jersey breed. We caught up with project consultants Dr Steve Little and Scott Barnett to discuss the outcomes. You can find out more on this project at https://jersey.com.au/jersey-most-profitable-cow-project/
- The Spring 2021 Class tour is nearly complete and we celebrate the most rewarded cows. With 1 * EX 95 and 7 * Ex 94 pointed cows so far, it certianly has been a tour to celebrate.
- Our Members Service Manager Lucy Webb-Wilson leaves JA at the end of January, Lucy sat down with Rick Baynes to reflect on her 3 1/2 years with JA
- Tassie is the destination for the 2022 JA AGM and Conference and Dairy’s Finest sale. We chatted with Ken Lawrence on what is planned for the event
- Michelle Axford is undertaking her PhD onthe Calf Vitality Project which aims to deliver a Calf Vitality ABV. A number of members are involved in the on farm data collection.
- December ABV’s are out, We highlight the top top herds, young cows and bulls.
- 2021 Photo Comp results are in. We celebrate the winners and our thanks to Judge Fleur Ferguson
Check your mailbox for your copy or read online at Aust Jersey Journal Jan / Feb 2022