APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN FOR 2023 AUSTRALIAN YOUNG BREEDERS SCHOOL TEAM
Applications are open to 18-25 year olds, planning a future career in the industry.
As well as competing at the School, the Australian team will take part in an educational tour through Holland and Belgium. The five-day event, run by the Association Wallonne de l’Elevage, involves hands-on workshops including bedding, showmanship & clipping, as well as classroom-based sessions such as marketing and herd promotion. After three days of workshops and practice, participants put their skills to the test in stock judging, showmanship & calf classes.
Glen Barrett, Jersey Australia General Manager says: “The YBS Program since its inception has provided not just a great opportunity for those selected to hone and developed their show ring craft but to grow and evolve as individual to become current and future leaders”
“What’s more exciting that we are now progressing YBS into an All Breeds Youth Program driven by JA and HA and creating wider opportunities for Australia’s young breeders
WHO CAN ENTER?
Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 to 25 years (on 25th August 2023). Applicants must have a track record that demonstrates a high level of skill and expertise in the preparation of cattle for showing and an intention to continue working or develop a career in the dairy industry.
Applications are invited from people representing all dairy breeds from all states and territories. To be eligible for the trip applicants must be able to travel between Saturday, 26th August and Friday, 8th September 2023. Team members from 2019 and 2022 are ineligible for the 2023 team.
HOW TO ENTER:
Application should be made via email to email@example.com by the closing date of 5pm, Sunday 16th April 2023. Applications must include a covering letter covering the points below and resume, to include both a personal and dairy industry referee. The covering letter must demonstrate:
- Your intention to pursue or continue a career in the dairy industry.
- Why you believe you should be chosen to represent Australia at the Young Breeders School.
- What you hope to learn from taking part in the Young Breeders School and educational tour.
- Entries close: 5pm – Sunday, 16th April, 2023
- Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place shortly afterwards
- Successful applicants announced in June
- The 2023 Young Breeders School takes place in Battice, Belgium from 30th August – 3rd September 2023.
- Educational tour taking in some of Holland and Belgium’s premium dairy regions with dates of travel expected to be 26th August – 8th September 2023.
Further information is available from Glen Barrett 0418 466 371 or Glen.Barrett@jersey.com.au
Terms and Conditions: Click 2023 YBS T&Cs